Tuesday, September 4, 2018

quilt repair

well yesterday and today is being spent on repairing granddaughter's quilt. It has been well loved.  I made it for her when she was 3 I thing when she went into a big girl bed.  I also made a window valance for her room too.  Well over the years all the yellow fabric in the quilt has deteriorated. So I am appliqueing new yellow squares over them and then will re-quilt it.  most of the quilting is gone too  It was one of the first quilts I quilted  before moving to Sullivan so wasn't the best.  Offered to make her a new one, but she said it would not be the same so what does a Grandma do  repair...    Almost done have about 4 more 9 patches to put yellow fabric on.  I have used varies pieces  some 10"squares from an exchange and other odd pieces.   Told her to start thinking of a new quilt and offered to have her come pick one that I have made the top and I can quilt it. The main reason she likes it is for the very light weight batting that I used. I think it was thermore batting  I have found another light weight very drapable batting that she likes.    well off to finish the repair work.

Happy quilting
Sharon J

1 comment:

  1. I need to repair both of my son's baby quilts, from their great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete