Wednesday, September 5, 2018

more stars

Well the repair of the quilt is done.  It could use a new binding but that will be for a another time.  She needs it back to sleep...  hope to get it back to her this evening.
I made some more stars last night from cupcake #4 from moda. I have 5 more blocks to make then will have 42 star blocks then to decide how to lay them out.
Be careful if you try these, they are additive.  The sewing of the charm squares onto the paper is mindless sewing(or as a friend calls it stupid sewing) doesn't take brain power just sew on the lines..
I think my next evening sew project will be the garlic knots block from Bonnie Hunter to use up some scraps and strips will need to make up some block kits so they are ready to sew. Using the binder clips to hold each block together makes it very easy.

I also make couple placemat bags at the retreat went to couple weeks ago forgot to post a picture. They are so fun and fast and easy. I show a fellow retreater how to make them and she went out and bought some placemats and zippers and made a few too. She cut the placemat in half and made small ones  so cut. 

Happy quilting
SharonJ

No comments:

Post a Comment