Tuesday, August 28, 2018

quilting marathon

well back home from retreat it was great and got a lot done.  we did charity
 sewing/quilting on Monday afternoon and evening this is what we got done.
donating to various organizations.

the rest of the week we worked on our own projects. we played some games and everyone received daily surprises.  great food and snacks.

I have been quilting several quilts this week so far have done 4 small quilts for customers and 1 T-shirt quilt  just need to finish the binding on it and it can be done.
I have been making star blocks from the cupcake papers by Moda  have them all sewn and cut and each block clipped together ready to sew.  I have been sewing them as I watch TV in the evening.  I have 24 blocks done out of 42.  great easy sewing project. I have stepped out of my box and doing a dark background which I rarely do  I usually do light backgrounds 

Tomorrow I am off to visit and stay with a dear friend that has just had her knee replaced last Thursday and help her finish the round table mats you see in the above picture  they need their centers  they need to be done by next week and she is not up to sewing yet so will see how far we get tomorrow. 

I will be back at quilting on Thursday see how far I get with couple more quilts.  one quilt need to wait until I get some more white batting  ordered it on should be here Friday we will see if that happens.  I will get the binding finished on the T-shirt quilt and notify customer that it is done.

Happy quilting and have a great holiday weekend.
Sharon J

1 comment: