Friday, September 16, 2016

this weeks progress

this week I got a customer quilt basted for her so she can hand quilt it.   This saves the knees and for older ones  no getting on the floor.. another quilt loaded to quilt  hopefully tomorrow.

I also got all 20 blocks done for my 2015 Bonnie Hunter mystery. Yes I know this is 2016 but it got set aside for other things  and then I started the 2016 one.    this is one of two blocks for the quilt.  I was moving right along with them and had 15 done and then stopped to count to make sure how many more I needed to make and looked at the first 3 that I had done last year and they were different from the 15 I had just made.  So decision was to rip all 15 blocks apart and start over or rip the 3 and remake them to match the 15   well I decided 3 was easier that 15 so  I created a new block for my quilt.    they are all done now and sliver trimmed to correct size.   this feels good to be this far and it is on my UFO list so that is even better.   Now I need to make the other block and pay attention to how it is suppose to go together...   I only have one of them done and I think there are 20 of them too.

here is the correct layout  

here is the one I made  and my sliver trimmings

I also made some tag quilts for Great Grandson and his best little friend  first one if for his BFF second one is his for his house and   the cubs one is for him at have at his  GIG's house.   He loved them right away   

my goal for resat of the year is to get several projects to the flimsey stage.  I have many projects in pieces and parts.   I surveyed another project called woodland clover by Pat Speth from a class few years ago with her.  All the blocks are made and pieced borders are made just needed sashing pieces cut and sewn  so I did that today.  Now this project is ready for the design wall next, as soon as I decided on setting triangle fabric for the one that is on the wall now.   
I feel like I got a lot done this week.  Hope next week will be as productive ... 

Oh I fogot  a friend helped me make a long skirt for my daughter out of the cubs fabric to wear to the game on Sunday.    Don't have a picture of it  but hope to get one with her wearing it soon.

Happy quilting 
Sharon J

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Labor Day weekend progress

I had a good holiday weekend for quilting.  I got several things completed or almost done.
I finished my Row by Row 2016 quilt now to decide where to turn it in at  several shops in my area have not had a winner yet and their row is in my quilt will decide today where to take it.

I finished a floor quilt for great grandson  to play on at my house  just need to sew down binding. first pic is the front  and nest one is the back  used all the fabric in the kit  and made it reversible.

finished the last 4 blocks of  the Tavern blues quilt I have been working on this last year.  needed 4 more blocks when I ran out of background fabric  so friend had a piece that was so close to it that I used it and am going to put them in the 4 corners. the quilt is sewn together on point so need the full amount of blocks.  will post a picture when top is done.  hope to put on design wall later today.

I also got the whole yard mowed which about 2 1/2 acres and cut down small trees and lots of weeds in the flower beds  still much more to go  will wait until it cools down again.

well off to see what else I can get done this week.

Happy quilting
Sharon J