Saturday, September 8, 2018

sewing today

I have been sewing all afternoon while it is raining outside. I put my On Ringo Lake quilt blocks from Bonnie Hunter 2018 mystery on the design wall so I could start sewing it together. I did half the blocks so making a smaller quilt. I love the colors.  Here is the picture of the blocks on the wall.



Then notice that I am 3 setting blocks short and one sashing block short.  Oh well I started sewing the rows together  and some of the sashing to join few rows.  then quit to make supper  and then made the 3 setting blocks.


While I was sewing the mystery blocks I had pressed the blocks but as I sewed them together I pressed them with the wool pressing mat and what a difference this makes.  Don't know if you can see the difference in the 2 blocks but one one the left was pressed on the wool mat and the one on the right was not.

I decided I was done working on this project for the night. I need to make 1 sashing block but will do it next sewing session.  Won't be sewing tomorrow due to celebrating my younger daughter's 40th birthday, it was on the 2nd and she celebrated on the day by renting a party boat and spent the day with her friend.
We will be cooking steaks and fixings, hope it is done raining by noon.

Then this evening I watched a Hallmark move and sewed on the Garlic Knot blocks from Bonnie Hunter.  I just started them didn't have time to do them when Bonnie and everyone else was working on them but have always wanted to make some.  Well I have cut out 31 block kits and have sewn 9 blocks  they are really cute and easy not doing them as leader and enders but just doing a block at a time.
I had a bag of small pieces and few fat quarters for background hopefully can use these up.  Love scrap blocks. 

It is off to bed so happy quilting
Sharon J


1 comment: