Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hi,
yesterday some of us went to LQS for their fat quarter frenzy sale and quilt show and lunch of course.
I bought some fat qtrs for a quilt I am collecting civil war like fabrics and an Edyta Sitar new pattern of umbrellas.  then I saw a hand towel with some hall fabric sewn on it and had to have a fat qtr of it too.   So this morning I cut and sewed it onto a towel I already had.   Here is a picture of it. Put it in our small guest bathroom.  Have enough from this fat qtr to make another with this stripe and 2 with sunflowers.


I am also working on a block a month from the same shop and we picked up October block and I got them made today too.  It is 2 blocks one positive and one negative each month. 
 
That was the end of my sewing for the day due to a call from granddaughter for help with homecoming dress. Needed a sash made for her dress. She had ribbbon but that didn't want to wrap around her very well so off to Wal-Mart we went for some fabric. We bought dark purple satin and came back to her house and I made a sash. I at least thought to take a sewing machine with me.  So that job done and her happy headed off for some groceries.  Will wait for some pictures later.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment