Wednesday, August 28, 2019

continued progress in August

I have trying to sew in the evenings and have done a good job of working on something.  I went as far as I can on the deer Xmas wall hanging while waiting for more fabric. Yes it was a kit and did not have enough background fabric to cut all the pieces. I lacked a 2" strip.   This is why I don't buy very many kits  due to running into shortage of fabric before .then having a hard time finding more.
Neither the shop I bought the kit from had anymore fabric and other local shop did not either, so online I and couple friends went to find it.  Luckily I found it without too much trouble.  It arrived today, I also order 3 of the other three fabrics just in case need them and I like them. I want to make some place mats from the same panel and fabrics.  I will not get back to working on it until Maybe Sunday.
Also took all the paper off the table runner I finished. This is not my favorite part of paper piecing but I so love the perfect points.  Now it is read to be quilted.
The last two evenings I wanted to sew but did not want to think about anything so I have been making crumb blocks.  I have 43 blocks done just using up scraps.   I will put them into a quilt for charity.

also cut up some scraps into usable strip sizes (1.5, 2 and 2.5 inch) plus some more strings.

Last week retreat was great and I got quite a few things to the flimsy stage.  I will take some pictures and post in next message.  Great time, friends and  food.

keep on stitching
Sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment