Sunday, August 11, 2019

August progress so far

well it has been a busy beginning of August here.
 I got some sewing/quilting/embroidery done this last week and half.
on the 1st I went to daughters to watch the grandsons and came home on the 5th. we had a good time. I took my sewing machine to work on couple projects while they were busy with video games and YouTube videos.  Since had my sewing machne there were some repairs need by SIL  needed to resew a belt loop on his work pants  and he brought his pillowcase I made him that he has at work to repair a seam had come out. He is a Paramedic and works 24 hrs at a stretch so sleeps at ambulance barn. I put his Medic number on it instead of his name.  He has had many inquiries about where he got it..  No he is not taking orders wants to be special and he is.
Here is what I worked on while I was there.  I took a class in Nov. I think on crumb stars each block being a color.  I had 1 block made and some parts made.
I finished 8 blocks and I think I am done and it will become a table runner instead of a quilt.

 this is the crumb blocks made to make the stars
 here I am making the star points  and yes they are wonky  just put on and sew and trim great easy fun
Here is a completed block.



I finished the spool of thread that was on the machine and used another one too  yes there were small spools but that is a lot of thread.

On Saturday while there younger grandson and I went shopping. We went to Joann's since I wanted to get shape flex for an embroidery project I was starting and some Xmas fabric for it.  He found Harry Potter fabric to make a pillowcase  and some other goodies from clearance bins. 
We went home and made it.  He was very happy with it.

While we were shopping SIL and older grandson went fishing to catch supper and they DID!  very tasty  has it with sweet potato fries and fresh corn on the cob.

Last Tuesday some of us went to a friends house to work on an embroidery project  4 of us worked on cutting out and organizing all the pieces and 2 worked on other projects.  We got almost all of it done and labeled.  We will meet again to work on it. It is fun to work on projects together.
I could not wait to start it and had Friday to myself so I had fun making some of the blocks.

On Weds. while hubby was gone all day I decided it was a good day to shampoo two rooms of carpet that was over due to be cleaned.  They look so much better.
The sun room has new chairs now. brought them from my mother in laws house.


The yesterday my guild sponsored a Judy Neimeyer paper piecing class by 2 certified instructors. It was a fun day sewing and learning with friend.  Here is what I got done.  4 more to go.  It will be a table runner when it is finished.


Well not sure what I will work on today.   I need to get stuff organized for a retreat starting on the 19th.  Get the little project for everyone to make kitted up and get all my projects ready to go.   I have a sew day with a group on Monday so I will get to sew then  most of the rest of the week will be getting ready and one day of doctor appointments.

Happy stitching
Sharon J

1 comment:

  1. I'll try a Judy N pattern one of these days. I love shopping the clearance bins at Joann's. I know your grandson will love that pillowcase. Lots of stitching going on. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete