Sunday, September 22, 2019

sept slow progress

Well September has been a slow start, I have not got very much sewing done due to working on getting MIL's house cleaned out and doing estate sale.  I have sewn in the evening just to relax. My evening sewing has been pineapple blocks from 1 1/2 inch strips. I have 21 blocks done. These are fun and easy not much thinking just grab a strip and sew. The pattern calls to cut the strips in certain lengths for each round but I just sew and cut as I go.   The pieces just have to be long enough to be as long as the side sewing it on then use the pineapple ruler tool by Gyleen Fitzgerald to trim.  Did I say this is so fun and uses scraps.


Tuesday went to a friends house to sew, Four of us are working on a Kimberbell Xmas embroidery project together. I started sewing mine together and others were making the blocks. 

I was hoping to get another project to the border stage but that did not happen due to needed to rip it apart and put it back together correctly. I had 2 sections upside down.   It is back together ready for borders now... 

Well I am off to see what I can get done in the half hour I have before going to help daughter move. 

keep stitching
Sharon J

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you haven't gotten much sewing done. I haven't either. Cute pineapples.

    ReplyDelete