Saturday, May 20, 2017

an update finally

HI,
well haven't posted in awhile. been a very busy couple of months.   I went on a quilting cruise April 1-8 to the Caribbean. It was great had great teachers Carol Doak her last cruise, Danella Stout, and Debby Maddy.  Project were great  will post pictures when get them finished.  I am truly working on them   My friend and I made a challenge to each other to get them finish by end of Aug.  

Then four of us went to Paducah quilt show  for the week. had a great time.  new ideas and patterns and of course some fabric but not too much..   Watched a demo from George Sicilano piecing his micro mini quilts so amazing..  I have one to do  maybe next years list too many on the list for this year.

I have been quilting customer quilts this  month.  Tying to catch up from being gone.

My quilting group is doing a UFO challenge this year we each put 12 UFOs on a list  and my grandon is picking a number each month for us to work on.  Well he picked a good one for most of us this year especially for me  since last couple of month I haven't been able to work on them.   Our number this month is 8 and mine is done...   I started it from 2 mini charm packs and some background made the blocks and then set it aside.  so now I have put blocks together and put border on it which was from a friend that I quilt for  she brought me her left over fabric from a Xmas quilt  and guess what is was from the same line of fabric from the charms  perfect and enough from another piece for a pieced back   and I even quilted it yesterday after dinner and brought back to front for the binding ...
 here is a picture.  


now I am off to quilt a row from 2016 row by row that I made into a wall hanging   going to stitch the ditch on sewing machine and invisible thread...    

happy stitching 
Sharon J




No comments:

Post a Comment