Saturday, June 1, 2013

end of the week progress report

Well I have gotten some quilting done this week in-between taking care of my husband from his surgery.   I finished a customer quilt that was in the long arm when he went to the hospital.  need to get another one in the machine beginning of the week.

At the quilt show in Bloomington Indiana in March, Bonnie Hunter was there teaching and she has here pineapple quilt from her book String Fling on display.  It was wonderful.  Ever since I have wanted to start making one with all my small scraps.  Well yesterday I decided to make a block and see how it went. So much fun using tiny scraps that I have made 4 blocks already.   I am using Foundation Stuff by George Siciliano it is very light weight and is left in the block so I don't have to try to tear the paper out of these tiny pieces. It went through my printer great so made enough for 20 blocks.   here is a picture of my blocks.   


Then I started cutting out my niece's wedding quilt.   I am making her and new nephew each a lap quilt for their wedding.   So she likes pink and grey and also anything flowers.   So picked a bright pink fabric with flowers on it and then pale pink and a light/medium grey.   It has big rectangle to show off the floral fabric  and pinwheels from pink and grey. 

Well now I need to trim up all the half square triangles......   I will be using the Bloc-Loc ruler  it works great and thanks to a friend that figured out if you made two piles of opposite facing piles it goes faster.
Might get these done tonight...   well off to see about them.


happy quilting,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment