Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October projects

 Well I have been busy, but just have not blogged about anything.  So decided it was time to take time to tell and document what I have been working on.

 I have made many more garlic knot blocks by Bonnie Hunter  so my quilt is growing not sure how big I am making it yet but getting close to being done. It is at least full size now.  



I presented my Unity quilt which I made as a Quilt of Valor quilt for my cousin. He was very surprised and speechless when I gave it to him.  


I embroidered a name on a quilt I had made for a customer from baby's 1st year clothes. And have the next baby's clothes to make another quilt. 


 While staying at home I have been watching a lot of square in a square webinars from Jodi Borrows  and practicing the method  here are 2 star blocks that I made. Easy and accurate way to make them.


 I have been working on Edyta Sitar's  Quilter's Garden quilt. this quilt is a challenge.  I have gotten this block done.   


then cut out this one and it wanted to me done with set in seams from tiny pieces to make the flower units. That was not going to happen. So since I had been studying the square in a square method  decided to make it that way. 

It worked wonderfully and the block turned out great.   I have about 4 blocks left to make for this quilt might get done this year. 


Pat Sloan did a stay at home quilt back in the spring and I decided to made it  for my youngest brother. The centers of each block are a fabric that reminds me of him and things he has done.  It was so much fun to make.  There is a t-shirt of his in the middle  and the green Socks shirt was our brother that has passed away.   I also  went out to the internet and found our HS logo on a t-shirt and copied it and printed it on fabric.    Now to quilt it.  


I just finished appliqueing this small wall hanging and putting the binding on it.  It was from a quilt that I decided not to do  so just finished it as is and call it done.  Someone else can have the patterns for the quilt. 


well enough for now  now to go make couple more masks for couple little kids.  

Happy sewing

Sharon J.

1 comment:

  1. The garlic knots are looking fun. You've been busy. I tend to change up patterns to how I want to make the block (easier) instead of how they want me to make it. Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete