Saturday, March 28, 2020

march 2020 quarantine progress

Well getting some things done while in  stay at home order. We have the grandsons Dylan and Brandon they were here on spring break when the order came out so they are just staying with us in the country instead of going back to the city. There are more things they can do here.  I am doing their home school here new experience for me have not done homework for many years.

My husband and boys are learning to weld from you tube. So they bought new helmets and safety gloves found heavy cotton shirts for them to wear  shortened the sleeves for the 11 year old. They are doing well with it. keeps them busy.  Two friend brought them some steel to work with and just dropped it off in driveway by the barn. 
I made them each a welding cap for under their helmets.  here they are sporting them they are reversible. Read that the welders like funky caps to make a statement and know it is theirs.  So we have basketball/lion king, lion king/blue camo, and dear/blue camo.  They turn the cap backwards so bill is at the back of neck to protect neck.    They said these would be good bow shooting caps too with the short bill.


Between cooking and cleaning up, checking on fiends I have been sewing. I am trying to work on a BOM several friends had started together. It is an Edtya Sitar  Quilter's Garden quilt.  not the easiest one I have made.   here are the blocks I have gotten done while staying in. Have 2 more blocks cut but putting them away for now not enough brain power for this project right now the last block did me in too many pieces.



 Brandon wanted his name on a badge for his army fatigues so we made one on my embroidery machine turn out great. He is happy with it even though he is not smiling...

I finished putting together a charity quilt using Pat Sloan's pattern traffic jam leaving off the outside 4 patches. Our guild is having a challenge of making a one color quilt so made another one of these in all blue fabric.
Last weekend great grandson Griffyn spent the time with us too so 3 boys house was busy.  He is cleaning up with the dust buster.  He will be 4 on 18th of April  not sure will get to celebrate bur we will when we can... 

 I made some sets of alphabet markers in my embroidery machine for myself and some friends  I got one set to a friend but rest will need to wait until can get together. The BOM guild I mentioned above uses the alphabet to label the pieces.   There is a bag to make to keep them in but baggies work too.


 Found these at the store  so fun.  going to make bags out of them when empty.  Something fun for this strange times we are experiencing.  there is one about chocolate that my daughter found.  Something to look for if have to go to the store.
 Yesterday's treat brownies with mini M&M's  pretty yummy with ice cream last night.
Well better finish this up and go sew. I hope to quilt on machine today. 
stay safe and keep sewing
Sharon J

1 comment:

  1. I like your flower blocks. Some do look difficult. Great hats. Have fun working with the boys. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete