Tuesday, December 27, 2016

more sewing

well I continued sewing yesterday,  I finished up the clues for Bonnie Hunter's mystery  we are up to 5 clues  waiting for Friday's clue.    then I decided to cut the first two blocks of Edyta Sitar's  new book which is written like a Block of the Month 4 of us are going to do it together this next year.   Wow   lots of small pieces..   I have first 2 done and in baggies ready for the retreat this coming weekend.  Our small quilting group, has been going on a retreat starting on New Year's Day this will be our 3rd year.   first 2 were in Paducah Ky at the Quilt in a Day retreat center this year we are going to Springfield, Ill  Closer to home and they feed us instead of us taking meals..  So looking forward to getting a lot of sewing done and lots of friendship.  
Today I decided to put applique blocks into a quilt top. this project has been a long time UFO  i wanted to learn needle turn applique and these were 9 large blocks and not many small pieces.  I learned I didn't really care for needle turn applique but persevered to finish it.  It is ready for the outer border but I need to find the right shade of dark red so it will need to wait until I find it.   
Here is a picture of it without the last border.



happy sewing,
sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment