Saturday, July 23, 2016

making some progress

well I have been taking care of my Mother-in-Law  for her broken wrist and surgery on other hand  so has been staying with us.  So haven't go a lot of sewing done..    Made couple of kitchen towels for a friends granddaughter that loves chickens.  



I finished a customer quilt   this was the first of the kind of quilt that I had made  using applique and embroidery to make a family tree quilt.   The family loved it.  hoping for a better picture of this from the family.   I forgot to get a complete picture of it when it was done...  




Then I quilted 2 red and white log cabin block quilts that were baby size for another customer but didn't take a picture of them.   Got these done this last week while MIL was resting.  

While cleaning my sewing room one day this week to find the cutting table and my desk next to sewing machine. I found a quilt as you go string block quilt ready to put together so I worked on it and it is done ready to go to our local sheriff's department to hand out to a child in need.  I have enough blocks done to make another one.   Love making these since they are quick and mindless sewing. They use us scraps of fabric and batting and are colorful .


Today I hope to start on another customer quilt it is a hand embroidery one that I will follow the blue dots marked for quilting.  The lady does wonderful embroidery work.    Also cut the strips to put string quilt together with..  

Happy Stitching
Sharon J    

No comments:

Post a Comment