Monday, May 9, 2016

sewing up scraps

well this weekend I have been cleaning and putting away fabric and magazines   I has some bags of fabric so put them into their correct stacks  found some more floor space.  I had a stack of magazines on a shelf in my closet  so I went thru them and kept only a few most of them were Quiltmaker and Fons and Porter    had several magazines marked with patterns but re- looked at the and didn't want to do them anymore so put the magazine in a pile to donate to one of my guilds for their show next month.

I found a bag of scraps with 2 1/2 inch strips of paper foundations cut,  so I sat down and sewed up the bag onto these papers   made 25    these are good for sashing for kids quilts.

Then while putting patterns away and weeding some out that I don't want to make anymore and have already made  I found a foundation sheet for a crazy patch block  so i copied some patterns on to paper piecing paper and made one block to see what it looked like   this will make a great kids charity quilt.     just trying to use up bags and containers of scraps..
 

also found some more kits just what I needed to find.   luckily not large projects small ones so might get some of them done this year.


then I finished a T-shirt quilt for a customer  so it will go in the mail by Weds    great graduation gift





until next time 
Happy sewing
Sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment