Friday, April 29, 2016

long over due post

well I haven't written a message in quite awhile.  I have been busy this year taking care of hubby that had a hip replaced  he is doing great and out and going. then took care of my sister-in-law for about 2 months before she passed away then took care of her things.   in between I quilted several customer quilts  don't think to take pictures of many of them.    here is one I made totaly from shirts from a customers son.    the pattern is Twisted sisters by Ami Sims.  just love this pattern  works with any fabric  even scrappy.    this one is plain blue shirts for background and blue plaid shirts for blades. everything is from the shirts.  she is going to have it hand quilted by her church ladies that knew her son.


then  made the quilt below for my new great grandson Griffyn Trevon Black  he arrived on April 18th  I there to await is arrival  he took longer enough    but both Mom and baby are doing great.  just can't get enough of him...    I gave him his quilt today but don't have a picture of him on the quilt yet.  hope to get one soon

Now making a T-shirt quilt for a customer for a graduation present.  have the row together  need to sew rows together and put border on it quilt and bind it  must be in mail by end of next week.

I took a week off and went to Paducah ,Ky to the AQS show.   so many beautiful quilts  and lots of vendors.  I did my best not to buy too much and I did a good job this year. 

well off to sew some more 
Happy quilting
Sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment