Sunday, February 7, 2016

new year update

Well I haven't  posted for awhile.  busy with holidays and then hubby had hip replacement  and taking care of sister-in-law    I have been quilting some customer quilts in-between.   A group of us are doing a UFO Challenge.  We each listed 12 items  on for each month to work on.   I am drawing a number each month for the one we are to work on and get as far as we can that month hopefully done.
Here is my list:

1. Double wedding ring
2. Hand appl basket quilt
3. Garden party embroidery quilt
4. Edyta sitar tree of life quilt
5. Purple fan quilt
6. 2015 B.H. mystery
7. Swiss mountain morning B.H. quilt
8. DQG presidents quilt
9. Woodlawn clover quilt (Pat Speth)
10    buck stops here   ( a paper piecing deer Cynthia England’s way)
11.   Royal Cross
12.   B. H.  Scrappy Irish Chain  

Jan. number was 4.    I got the applique fused on to the borders  but not sewn yet.
                             I also got number 11 to the top stage.   just didn't put box back away when listed it
                             needed to blocks together and put border on it  so it is ready to quilt.


Feb number is 2.    I haven't worked on this one yet  need to get it done only one block left to hand applique and the put it together...

this morning I woke up early  so went to the sewing room and straightened up my cutting table . I found this block that a friend had given me to finish.   so instead of just moving it to another pile I sat down and finished it. I think it will be a hot pad  so it can be done....  thanks Kathy I love it.


well back to customer quilt in the machine.
later Sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment