Thursday, August 13, 2015

this week's progress

I set myself some fairly aggressive goals for this week and guess what I made them..  Monday I went to a sewing group for the day.   I had a good visit with everyone and glad to see our leader Pat coming for awhile  she has been having health issues.  I worked on quilt as you go string blocks  and got 10 done. I know doesn't seem like much  but we quit early  about 2 pm  due to the heat. the building we meet in is a 4-H building with not air conditioning and can't forget lunch..

Tuesday I quilted a customer quilt, it was made from polyester squares, my longarm machine did not like it one bit so did straight line quilting on my Bernia 1230   it didn't mind.   this was one of two to do.      Then in the evening  Bonnie Hunter had quilt cam so I sewed more string blocks while listening.

Wednesday  I quilted the other polyester quilt  the same way as the other one..    Binding is one both of them and ready to deliver on Friday.

today I quilted another customer quilt  a baby quilt. Long arm liked that one.   Then did another one which took a little thinking to make the back fit the front.   Customer had designed it to but the back on the diagonal  so it just fit but that one is done too.

Now I can go away for the weekend and not think of what needs to be done that didn't get done..
I have my family reunion on Saturday in northwest Ill.  So glad we are trying to keep this going all of the parents are gone now  so it is the cousins to get together to visit once a year...   take potluck lunch and kids play in the park.

bye for now
Happy quilting
Sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment