Friday, August 5, 2022

july projects.

 have not posted for awhile  been busy with many things. We bought a travel trailer to go camping in big upgrade from a pop up with no facilities. looking forward to enjoying it.  trying to find couple of days with no rain to go try it out.  yes projects will be going with me.

I have been quilting customers quilts this last month trying to catch up.  

took a week and went to friend Cheryl's  to sew and shop.  6 of us went to Missouri Star Quilt Co in Missouri 4 of them had not been there before.  spent the night in  a house in Hamilton  and shop hopped our way back to O'Fallon next day.  good trip. 

while at Cheryl's I got several things done.  I took many small projects to work on not knowing what I would get done .  I learned to make rope bowls while there.  they are fun. 

here are the things I got done. I found a small kit in my stuff for a xmas  runner  I got it done.


bought a small runner kit on our trip  and made the top  and quilted and bound it when got home this week


made some microwave bowls for a fundraiser end of Aug. 








I made a little basket yesterday in between quilting   these are from mini charm squares  fun and easy I have several more part way sewn together of Halloween fabrics. 



I also cut out 20 granny square blocks from Lori Holt's book on Tuesday while have a storm and did not want machines plugged in.  They are cut out of 30"s fabrics a friend gave me . She had did a block of the month with a shop for the farmer's wife pattern and decided she did not want to do it. So gave it all to me.  I was working on my Dear Jane quilt and could not find my book so she thought this would help. I used her book to make last block I needed but I did mine in civil war fabrics.   Having fun with her 30's fabric since not my usual pallet of fabrics and saving the scraps for Cheryl for her 3" 365 blocks in 30's.   


well hope to not take so long to post next time.  

I am off to quilt.

happy quilting

Sharon J


No comments:

Post a Comment