Wednesday, June 26, 2019

This week so Far

Well I got one customer quilt quilted between Monday and Tuesday. It was a custom quilting job so I made the quilting pattern from the cross stitch blocks in the quilt and rest from a picture customer brought me.  Now it needs to have the paper taken off and threads trimmed then it is getting a prairie point edge on it instead of a binding.   The second one goes in the machine today to do similar quilting on it and edge.  I will post a picture of they have been delivered.

Both evenings I have been working on making 6 inch finished log cabin blocks from 1 1/4 inch strips for a project that I took from Kaye England in Paducah this year.  I have gotten the 24 blocks done that were in neutral and pinks. I have 8 blocks to make of all neutrals.   Getting all the parts done so that I can put it together.
here is the pile of strips that I \ used.  I had to cut a few more strips to get the variety I wanted.


here is the blocks that I made. 


well I am off to mark and put the other quilt in the machine for quilting today..

Happy stitching
Sharon J

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered how people get the prairie points instead of binding.

    ReplyDelete