Sunday, October 14, 2018

string piecing day

One of my guilds is making twin quilts for a home for teens, so I went thru my tops to see if had any I could finish and donate. I found 2  one was wide enough but needed length  so found in my stash a piece of the fabric that was in the blocks  so put it on both ends  now ready to quilt.   Other one is too small and no fabrics that go with the older prints. It is big enough for a small child's quilt so not putting it away.
Then then started on a small tub of scraps to make string blocks for a twin quilt. Here is the tub before I started.

My Mother-in-Law is staying with since she fell last week and wanted to help do something so she sorted the tub into short  pieces and longer pieces. this really helped.   I made 23  8" string blocks  in a couple of hours. 
Now MIL  can take the paper off and I will sew them together  that should come close to making a twin  if not will add a border. 

Today will be sewing Xmas favors for a sewing group's Xmas party  and then MIL can help with them too.   Nice to have help.   She is also going to up some applique pieces out for me that I have fusible on  so I can finish a customer quilt.
Well better go get sewing.

Happy quilting
Sharon J




1 comment: