Saturday, February 10, 2018

new year progress report

well looks like I have not written a blog post for quite awhile.   holidays came and went with some sewing done   I made 18 pillowcases, 6 kitchen towel scarves, and few other things. 
then came end of Dec and Jan  flu bug came to our house.  I had 2 different kinds  not fun still battling and ear problem.  But back to sewing again.

I finished a large queen quilt for a customer  and now it is ready for the quilt machine hopefully yet today.   Quilted a customer large wall hanging and sent it off to her. 

I have been working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.   I have first 5 clues done.  making progress
here are those clues





I needed to find a hand project that I could work on while sitting with a friend while she gets her chemo treatment every Tuesday.  So I am doing 3D bow ties blocks using 5 inch squares.  They are so fun and easy.  I am not a big fan of hand work but I am liking these blocks.  I had 2 charm packs of the same fabric so that is what I am using   not sure what I will make out of them  will determine that later.   


I have been asked to teach a class in Olney IL and this is what I am going to teach   Labyrinth  by Debbie Maddy. this is  a fun and easy quilt  if anyone else would like me to come teach this at their quilt I would be happy to.


Then while at a retreat that I hosted beg of Jan  a friend and I started making log cabin blocks from black and white fabric. We probably have been collecting fabric for 2 years.  Black with white prints and white with black prints.  We both got about 30 blocks made  here are mine laid out  trying to decide how big I want the quilt..
Then this last week I have been cleaning out some sewing stuff and seeing what I could finish.  I found a few of these blocks made and 3 little bins of red, blue and white strips. So Weds at sew day at my house I worked on making more.  I have 30 blocks done  will put them together and donate the quilt to our local National Guard unit. 
Well I think this is long enough and I need to go get busy. I am practicing with a new long arm ruler   then need to get quilt in the machine..    It is sleeting here and cold so good day to stay in sewing room.  

Happy Quilting,
Sharon Jack 


No comments:

Post a Comment