Thursday, October 12, 2017

Getting back into sewing

HI,

Well I am getting back into sewing had a couple of family medical things in Aug and Sept so didn't do much sewing or quilting.   Loaded a quilt on the long arm today  so will be starting to custom quilt it Monday. 
At one of my quilting groups, last week  at our show and tell someone brought a cute, cute fall wall hanging.  I just had to make it so found the magazine  which was Quilting Quickly. This Weds.  a friend and I were free so we got together and cut out all the pieces  sharing fall/Halloween scraps and pieces and sewed few pieces to see how it was going to look.  Then I needed to leave for a car appointment.  I went to another quilting guild sew day today and I finished the top for this project.
here is a picture.  It will have prairie point on the edge when quilted.


about week and half ago and fellow quilter needed to move into assisted living and her family called  a friend to come and get her stash and requested we use it to make charity quilts .  My Friend  brought it all and I mean all  a car load full to my house  at least 20 bags full.   A Few of us have started going thru it and deciding what could be use for what.  Will make kids quilts, pillowcases, prayer shawl bags, school kit bags  and other things.  I found 4 jack-o-lantern blocks in one of the bags.  I decided needed to make this into a wall hanging. So I found a piece of black in my stash for the background and appliqued the faces onto it and quilted it and finished it.  Didn't know what to do with it and granddaughter saw it and asked if she could hang it in her office ( she works in a service oriented office) she said this would help cheer people up when visiting the office.  I hope it does.  I plan on making her more seasonal/holiday wall hanging to replace this one.

While my husband was recovering from hip replacement surgery in Sept. I did some mindless sewing when I got a chance  I had a container full of larger scraps so I started making these crazy paper pieced blocks( paper piecing is my favorite).  I have 28 blocks done now and the container still has pieces in it but not nearly as many.  I have enough to make 1 kids quilt and start another one.  this is my evening time sewing while watching TV.   Hope over the weekend to make more and maybe empty this container only to fill it up again... 




well I need to go off to bed  with early morning appointment tomorrow and then watch Great Grandson in the afternoon I better rest up. 
I will be back when I have something else to report in the mean time 

Happy Quilting,
Sharon J

No comments:

Post a Comment