Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Last Wednsday I  got out my embroidery quilt project and made four blocks and trimmed up many to correct size and sewed a few framing borders on some.   This may get done yet.    Also did some cleaning in my sewing room on the back side of quilt machine.   Took out all the VCR tapes of sewing programs  I filled a paper box that reams of paper come in to go out somewhere…  cleaned out 2 project boxes that had started projects in them that I no longer am going to do. Put fabric back in stash and parts into scrap bins….    So have 2 empty project boxes…    found a bag of quilt blocks that someone gave me long time ago so took them downstairs some sew day maybe we can arrange them into a quilt to donate somewhere…   sorted out a box of pieces of fabric  put fat quarter size pieces with other fat quarters and larger pieces in stash, smaller pieces in scrap bins…    felt good to get that far..   more to do.   Then can start on the front of the machine  and move some to the back…
I finished quilting and binding a quilt for our bed. It was a UFO from a class several years ago when Pat Speth was in Decatur for a class.   Here is a picture

Yesterday was 1st Monday of the month, so it was sew day in Charleston. I worked on another Pat Speth quilt called Woodlawn Clover. I got 6 blocks done and more parts to blocks.  We had Can Can soup for lunch it  was great.  You start with broth and add cans of soup whatever anyone brought.  Then couple of us brought dessert..  Good sewing and visiting.

I also decided on the fabric for my Summer Salsa quilt. It will be a winter salsa quilt since I am going to use snowmen fabric.  The rule for me was that it had to come from my stash the problem was that fabric needed 4 yards of one fabric and 3 yards of another. I didn't have that much of many fabrics.
here is picture of the fabric I am going to use.
Well I am off to quilt on a quilt in the machine this morning.
Happy quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment